When it comes to affiliate marketing, many people believe it is going to be one of the easiest jobs in the world to do. Those people couldn’t be anymore wrong. I’m not going to sit here and bullshit to you and tell you, “You’ll be making $1,000 by the end of the week by becoming an affiliate marketer.” That won’t get you anywhere and it surely won’t get me anywhere. Let’s just not waste our time with telling each other lies.
So, what is an affiliate marketer? An affiliate marketer is a individual that earns their money online via a commission from either a company or a private business owner. By becoming an affiliate marketer, this person can earn money from different avenue such as their own website or advertising affiliate links via blog or Google AdWords. Regardless of the way in which they want to do it, an affiliate marketer has the ability to make real money online free and as much of it as they want.
However, there are many advantages and disadvantages to becoming an affiliate marketer.
1. There are no prior marketing skills required
- Listen, when I first started out as an affiliate marketer, I had no clue what I was doing. I learned as I grew into the field and have now become an expert. You don’t need to have any marketing skills to become an affiliate marketer. As long as you follow the steps any mentor teaches you, you can become a successful affiliate in no time.
2. Easy to start
- You don’t have to jump through any hoops in order to get started in this field. All you have to do is to join a free affiliate community and then find a product or program that interests you and promote it. That is it.
3. No money required
- Any affiliate site that tells you otherwise is just trying to take your money and you SHOULD avoid them at all costs. Signing up with a true affiliate community should be 100% free.
4. Make Money Automatically
- The moment you have a successful website with a continuous stream of traffic coming to it, you can literally set it and forget it and the next time you check on it, you should be full with commissions.
1. Very high competition
- This is where it can be a downer. There are literally thousands of people who are affiliate marketers online today and all of them are doing the exact thing you are trying to do. To stand out in this crowd can be tough but it is certainly possible.
Again, I’m not going to lie to you. Becoming an affiliate marketing maybe one of the hardest things in the world to do, but it is also one of the most rewarding. Like I tell every one of my fellow members on Wealthy Affiliate, I wouldn’t trade making real money online free for anything else in the world.
Are you a successful affiliate marketer? Or are you just starting out? Have any questions? If so don’t hesitate to drop me a comment below. I would love to hear from you.
Submitted By: Nessa